We have seen Google Drive has been running successfully as a desktop client on Windows in many years, but Linux missing Google Drive support on his desktop version. For this solution, overGrive is a Google Drive desktop Client for Linux and it’s a third-party application to finish your job perfectly. In term of condition that syncs their cloud storage files and others through from desktop computers.
OverGrive is a complete Google Drive desktop client for Linux version, the developer The Fan Club brings his support for Linux distributions such a Ubuntu, Mint, Rasbian, Fedora, and few others. And also, the tools support his desktops features.
Let’s take a look to install the overGrive on Linux desktop.
First of all, you need to select the distributions, Ubuntu and Fedora users can pick DEB and RPM to download from the overGrive official website.
1. Activate universe repository with terminal
sudo add-apt-repository universe && sudo apt-get update
2. Once you have download DEB file from official site click to install through Software Center or Terminal.
sudo dpkg -i overgrive_3.1.9_all.deb
1. Click RPM file to download from the site and install via terminal. After that enter the command.
sudo dnf install libappindicator-gtk3 python-devel python-pip python-inotify python-gobject-base
2. Install Google API
sudo pip install --upgrade google-api-python-client
3. Next Install application from Software Center or use following command.
sudo dnf install overgrive-3.1.9.noarch.rpm
Note: If you found a variety of download version, then you don’t forget to change the command line.
1. Open overGrive and click OK to run the overGrive setup.
2. Connect Account to Google account.
3. Sign into Google account and Click ”Allow” overGrive to access Google Drive files and folders.
4. Before to access Google Drive, Copy the authentication code and paste to ”Account” box.
5. Click ”Validate” to confirm the account.
6. Finally, Click ”Start Sync” button to sync automatically files.
Once you have done the job, the Google Drive will be listed on your Linux-based desktop computer. From there you can view the files and bring the change to the directory that everything reflected on your Google Drive.
If you want to uninstall the overGrive from Linux based computer, below code will support you perfectly.
sudo apt-get remove overgrive
sudo dnf remove overgrive
Latest posts by Syed Ali Abubacker (see all)
- An Easy Way You Can Take Images on the Go Shooting Video on iPhone - 20 Oct,2017
- An Easy Way You Can Make a Photo Slideshow on Mac Preview - 19 Oct,2017
- WhatsApp Receive Share Live Location from Facebook - 18 Oct,2017
Copyright © 2016. All Rights Reserved.