If you aware of installing Windows 10 Anniversary Update, the Microsoft is now refurbishing with new features adding into the Windows operating system, along with sign-in to your lock screen. For instance, now you can check it out the sign-in feature rooted with the Lock screen, and there is a chance to visible the email ID to anyone, which keeps in security purpose at all.
Anyway, one important thing that has to be changed in the Sign-in screen any time you enter the password in midway you can see the Password Reveal button help you personally to access your system. If you feel insecure this option there you have an opportunity to reduce them if you do everything perfect, and you have security concern then you can easily disable from the sign-in screen. Here is the feature step that helps you a lot if you have Windows 10 then it could come easily on to you.
In Windows10, you have to two type of method to disable the Password Reveal button one using Group Policy and another Registry.
To Disable with Local Group Policy:
Now, you can set the target with Windows 10, you can easily disable the Local Group Policy.
* Win+R to open Run command
* Type gpedit.msc and Ok
* Follow below path:
Computer Configuration–> Administrative Templates–> Windows Components–> Credential User Interface
* Make double on ”Do not display the password reveal button”
* Enable to disable the function
* Click Ok to finish the process
Through this method, once you completed the process, you aren’t able to see the Password Reveal button at all.
To disable Password Reveal button with Registry:
While using Registry edit in Windows 10, it will not come quite easy, before you do any adjustment you should take your computer full backup to proceed every step.
* Win+R and open Run command
* Type Regedit and Ok
* Follow the path
* If you didn’t find CredUI key, then you have to create a new one. Make right click on Windows–>New–>Key.
* Type CredUI–>Enter
* Right click on that, select New–>DWORD (32-bit) Value.
* Add Disable Password Reveal–>Ok
* After that double-click on newly created key, add the value from 0 to 1
* Reboot Your Windows computer to finish the action.
Now, you can test the option, you don’t see anymore.
Latest posts by Syed Ali Abubacker (see all)
- Google Chrome and Edge Bring YouTube Volume Overlay with Picture in Picture – GoToWebsites.info - 22 Jun,2019
- An Easy Way You Can Preview Open Tabs on Your Google Chrome 75 – GoToWebsites.info - 11 Jun,2019
- iOS 13: An Easy Way You Can Set Communication Limits On Your iPhone for Kids – GoToWebsites.info - 11 Jun,2019
Copyright © 2016. All Rights Reserved.